B&L Bicycles’ Job Announcement – 2023 season
We have a service position available , this is a long term year round service Technician / Mechanic position .
B&L Bicycles is looking for an individual to join us for the upcoming season. We work as a complimentary team in a fast-paced dynamic environment with an emphasis on providing outstanding customer service.
The position will be full time or part time depending on applicant from approximately March through roughly the end of September working primarily as a Service Technician in our Shop, there is a possibility for a longer term position depending on the person and availability . Our Shop typically sees everything from vintage to the latest technological wonders in road, mountain and triathlon bicycles during the season. Training will begin on a part time basis upon successfully completing the hiring process.
Solid mechanical skill and excellent customer service skills are required. Prior experience in bike shops is preferred, but not required and EVERYONE is encouraged to apply.
we are operating in a covid environment currently, so we expect individuals to conduct themselves responsibly both at work and in their private lives to minimalize risk of covid transmission , this means following not only state requirements but also best practices .
- Maintain a customer service / hospitality focus in all interactions.
- Follow training & instructions to successfully complete repair of customer’s bikes & assembly of new bikes.
- Assist customers in identifying recommended service needs for their bike.
- Assist customers shopping for new bikes & accessories.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people with patience & flexibility.
- Ability to listen, comprehend and follow instructions.
- Ability to clearly communicate & work effectively as part of a team.
- Manual dexterity and ability to maintain focus on tasks.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
- Ability to work on Saturday’s and overtime, as required.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- General Ability to:
- Reach – including overhead; and
- Ability to safely lift approximately 50 pounds
- Have manual dexterity to work with small tools & parts
How to Apply:
Please submit a current resume with up to date references to:
219 East Main Street
Pullman, WA 99163
For further information contact Colleen MacDonald or Brice Erickson at 509.332.1703. We will schedule interviews beginning in late February. We would like to start part time training for the successful candidate as soon as possible.
We were founded in 1996 by Brice & Leanne Erickson, fulfilling their desire to own a full-service bike shop. We have grown over the years by providing exceptional service, quality bicycles & parts and professional bicycle fitting services. We have been named an America’s Best Bike Shops annually since 2015 by the National Bicycle Dealers Association.We carry Trek & Electra bicycles including an extensive selection of E-Bikes, work with Waterford on custom bicycles and Co-Motion on custom tandems. We offer full service repairs, including custom machining and professional bicycle fitting services including