B&L Bicycles’ Job Announcement – Spring 2019
B&L Bicycles is looking for an individual to join us for the upcoming season. We work as a complimentary team in a fast-paced dynamic environment with an emphasis on providing outstanding customer service.
The position will be full time from late April / Early May through the end of September working primarily as a Service Technician in our Shop. Our Shop typically sees everything from vintage to the latest technological wonders in road, mountain and triathlon bicycles during the season. Training will begin on a part time basis upon successfully completing the hiring process. If circumstances allow, the position may be extended to full time - year around.
Solid mechanical skill and excellent customer service skills are required. Prior experience in bike shops is NOT required and EVERYONE is encouraged to apply.
- Maintain a customer service / hospitality focus in all interactions.
- Follow training & instructions to successfully complete repair of customer’s bikes & assembly of new bikes.
- Assist customers in identifying recommended service needs for their bike.
- Assist customers shopping for new bikes & accessories.
- Maintain a clean, organized and safe work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work with a wide variety of people with patience & flexibility.
- Ability to listen, comprehend and follow instructions.
- Ability to clearly communicate & work effectively as part of a team.
- Manual dexterity and ability to maintain focus on tasks.
- Ability and willingness to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
- Ability to work on Saturday’s and overtime, as required.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- General Ability to:
- Reach – including overhead &
- Ability to lift bicycles weighing an average of 30 pounds
- Have manual dexterity to work with small tools & parts
How to Apply:
Please submit a current resume with up to date references to:
219 East Main Street
Pullman, WA 99163
For further information contact Colleen MacDonald or Brice Erickson at 509.332.1703.
We were founded in 1996 by Brice & Leanne Erickson, fulfilling their desire to own a full-service bike shop. We have grown over the years by providing exceptional service, quality bicycles & parts and professional bicycle fitting services. We have been named an America’s Best Bike Shops annually since 2015 by the National Bicycle Dealers Association.
We carry Trek & Electra bicycles including an extensive selection of E-Bikes, work with Waterford on custom bicycles and Co-Motion on custom tandems. We offer full service repairs, including custom machining and professional bicycle fitting services including slow motion video capture and saddle & insole pressure mapping.