Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) policy's
YES, WE’RE OPEN
We’re keeping our normal business hours:
Summer hours (starting march 1st ) Monday - Saturday, 10:00am - 6:00pm
B&L Bicycles COVID-19 Procedure and the wacky state of the bicycle industry
Note: at this time we do not know how long we will have to operate in this fashion , we will continue to use best Covid safety practices as long as necessary .
With Covid and in accordance to Washington state mandates Face masks are required to enter the store , due to our small space we limit to one customer in the store at a time and in the front area of the store .
we are happy to bring product out to you on the sidewalk and if we are busy and another customer is in the store that's what we do . our back entrance is closed to customer walk through , use the main entrance on main st .
Things to know about bicycle industry at this time .
1. covid affected manufacturing heavily in 2020.
2. demand increased for bicycles globally .
3. shipping times increased dramatically currently averaging 4-6 months
4. the average adult bicycle has 238 unique parts , if one part is unavailable the whole bike is delayed in production
5. current lead times on new bicycles range from 250 days -540 days now
6. product you see in our inventory currently , was most often ordered close to a year or more in advance .
7. we have extensive backorders with our suppliers, with bicycles and accessories coming in all the time , if you want a bike we have ordered and is not here yet , we can give approximate estimated times of arrival (ETA ) ( these times can move and are not under our control ) to secure a bicycle that is already ordered in our system a 50 % deposit is required .
8. current guesses on bicycle shortages from industry experts is that it will continue well into 2023 or possibly 2024.
- Let us know that you are here for service. Or, better yet, call ahead and make an appointment for a service evaluation.
- Staff will come to you. Please do not go to staff.
- Tell us what you would like done with your bike.
- After bike intake and evaluation, staff will call you with a quote, if we are unable to do a estimate at time of drop off
Bike and equipment customers:
- Please stay in the front showroom area, the gate is the dividing line between the showroom and warehouse spaces.
- Staff will come to you if showroom area is not aviable to access .
- Let us know you are are here to look at a bike or for some equipment.
- We will bring the items to you, if they are not aviable in showroom and are in the warehouse space
- Please follow staff guidance.
What we are doing as a staff:
We care about our customers. We want everyone to be able to ride their bikes as much as they like. We also want to make sure we’re doing everything we can to keep everyone safe.
Normally we are very happy for you to hang out, visit with staff and remain in the shop as long as you like. This is not a normal time.
To keep B&L a safe environment we need to control access to staff, shop and inventory. and to keep people a safe distance apart.
Please follow our safety procedures, and please do not remain in the store longer than necessary.
We will continue to revise as we learn better procedures and as requirements change.
Thank you for helping us all stay safe.