Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) policy's
We’re keeping our normal business hours:
Summer hours (starting march 1st ) Monday - Saturday, 10:00am - 6:00pm
B&L Bicycles COVID-19 Procedure and the wacky state of the bicycle industry
We continue to use best Covid safety practices as long as necessary .
With Covid and in accordance to Washington state mandates Face masks are required to enter the store until June 31st , unless you are fully vaccinated.
we are happy to bring product out to you on the sidewalk if the store is crowded or uncomfortable.
Most of our staff is fully vaccinated , we will continue to use masks according to the comfort level of our customers .
Due to the affects of Covid and the massive impact it has had on the bicycle industry we have had to change how we operate as store, we can not depend on our suppliers having bikes, accessories and parts in stock , so we are essentially having to operate a mini onsite warehouse to provide product for our customers , approximately 2/3 of what use to be showroom space including the Fit Studio is now warehouse space and repair bike storage area , this space is employee only.
The front part of the store is our shoppable area , we will bring product out from the warehouse and back stock areas to that space for customers .
Our back entrance is closed to customer walk through , use the main entrance on main st.
Things to know about bicycle industry at this time .
1. covid affected manufacturing heavily in 2020.
2. demand increased for bicycles globally .
3. shipping times increased dramatically currently averaging 4-6 months
4. the average adult bicycle has 238 unique parts , if one part is unavailable the whole bike is delayed in production
5. current lead times on new bicycles range from 250 days -540 days now
6. product you see in our inventory currently , was most often ordered close to a year or more in advance .
7. we have extensive backorders with our suppliers, with bicycles and accessories coming in all the time , if you want a bike we have ordered and is not here yet , we can give approximate estimated times of arrival (ETA ) ( these times can move and are not under our control ) to secure a bicycle that is already ordered in our system a 50 % deposit is required .
8. current guesses on bicycle shortages from industry experts is that it will continue well into 2023 or possibly 2024.
due to bike shortages & parts shortages , we are experiencing a high volume of repair work
- Let us know that you are here for service. Or, better yet, call ahead and make an appointment for a service evaluation.
- Staff will come to you. Please do not go to staff.
- Tell us what you would like done with your bike.
- After bike intake and evaluation, staff will call you with a quote, if we are unable to do a estimate at time of drop off
Bike and equipment customers:
- Please stay in the front showroom area, the gate is the dividing line between the showroom and warehouse spaces.
- Staff will come to you outside if showroom area is crowded or you are uncomfortable .
- Let us know you are are here to look at a bike or for some equipment.
- We have many bicycles on backorder , if you wish to purchase one of those bikes a 50% deposit is required .
- We will bring the items to you, if they are not available in showroom and are in the warehouse space
- Please follow staff guidance.
What we are doing as a staff:
We care about our customers. We want everyone to be able to ride their bikes as much as they like. We also want to make sure we’re doing everything we can to keep everyone safe.
To keep B&L a safe environment we need to control access to staff, shop and inventory. and to keep unvaccinated people a safe distance apart.
Please follow our safety procedures, and please do not remain in the store longer than necessary.
We will continue to revise as we learn better procedures and as requirements change.
Thank you for helping us all stay safe.