Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) policy's
YES, WE’RE OPEN , Cycling is not cancelled !
Washington State classifies bicycle shops as an Essential Workforce.
We’re keeping our normal business hours:
Monday - Saturday, 10:00am - 6:00pm
B&L Bicycles COVID-19 Procedure
Customers need to remain at least six feet from each other and from staff , if other people are in the store please stay outside till the front area is open enough to maintain proper social distance .
we are running a very reduced staff , so please have patience.
The back door is locked , please come to the front door , Main street has plenty of available parking .
- Let us know that you are here for service. Or, better yet, call ahead and make an appointment for a service evaluation.
- Staff will come to you. Please do not go to staff.
- Tell us what you would like done with your bike.
- Staff will spray contact areas on your bike with disinfectant before checking your bike. While your bike is being checked, please avoid touching anything in the shop or getting close to anyone.
- After bike intake and evaluation, staff will come to you with a quote.
- If you would like to look around please let staff know your interest. Staff will direct you to the area and get you further information.
Bike and equipment customers:
- Please stay near the front of the shop.
- Please do not touch anything.
- Staff will come to you.
- Let us know you are here to look at a bike or for some equipment.
- We will either bring you to the area where you can see what you are looking for or bring the item to you (for example a tire or tube) or, if you are looking for a bike we will walk you through the store.
- Please do not touch anything without our knowledge. We will wipe down anything touched by a customer so we need to know exactly what you may be contacting.
- Please follow staff guidance.
What we are doing as a staff:
- We are moving to a split staff schedule. That means we will have a smaller staff than usual in the store at any given time. Our two staff groups will be entirely separate to minimize potential contact in case any staff member becomes ill.
- If any staff from a group shows symptoms that group will be staying at home potentially reducing our open hours.
- All staff are hand washing at least twice an hour and/or wearing disposable gloves.
- All common use items and surfaces—phones, registers, card machines, counters, door handles, etc.—are being wiped down hourly.
- Tools are being disinfected daily and on an ongoing basis while in use.
We care about our customers. We want everyone to be able to ride their bikes as much as they like. We also want to make sure we’re doing everything we can to keep everyone safe.
Normally we are very happy for you to hang out, visit with staff and remain in the shop as long as you like. This is not a normal time.
To keep B&L a safe environment we need to control access to staff, shop and inventory. We need to constantly clean surfaces that have human contact and to keep people a safe distance apart.
Please follow our safety procedures, and please do not remain in the store longer than necessary.
We will continue to revise as we learn better procedures and as requirements change.
Thank you for helping us all stay safe.