Trek Rail 9.8 GX AXS
Rail 9.8 GX AXS is a long-travel carbon e-MTB that rips like our beefiest trail rigs and powers you right back up the mountain. You get upgraded everything, including the frame for maximum fun on the gnarliest runs. Bosch's latest tech with the new smart system Performance Line CX that has a longer-range 750Wh battery and cool features that take your ride to the next level like activity tracking, navigation, and Bluetooth connectivity.
It's right for you if...
You’re looking for a long-travel carbon e-MTB with wireless electronic shifting and a lot of battery power. You want the stability of a longer reach, the plush feel of high-end suspension, and the very latest e-bike tech with the new Bosch smart system.
The tech you get
An upgraded OCLV Mountain Carbon frame with longer reach and oversized head tube and seat tube for maximum strength. An extra-long-range 750Wh battery, a super responsive RockShox ZEB Select+ fork, and RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate Thru Shaft shock. You get SRAM GX AXS wireless electronic shifting and the latest from Bosch with smart system Performance Line CX, including the new Bluetooth LED remote for easy connectivity and all-in-one navigation and activity tracking through the eBike Flow app.
The final word
This bike features across-the-board upgrades that make it a serious ripper—especially the AXS drivetrain. It's built for hammering gnarly descents, then flying right back up again thanks to the powerful Bosch motor, 750Wh battery, and parts that can keep up with all that rowdy riding.
Why you'll love it
- Bosch's new smart system gives you all the same power and responsiveness with a new Bluetooth-connected LED remote and eBike Flow app that puts even more control and customization at your fingertips.
- The full-color Kiox display shows ride info, connects with your Bluetooth enabled devices, and has a built-in theft prevention feature
- RE:aktiv with Thru Shaft works faster than a normal shock, so it tracks the ground better and keeps you in control
- The new frame is extra stout with a 34.9mm seat tube to accommodate more robust dropper posts, and an oversized head tube that works with burly eMTB-optimized forks for less flex and more precise steering
- Trek's Removable Integrated Battery (RIB) system looks great and is super user-friendly: it fully hides the battery in the frame for protection, makes it easy remove the battery without tools and lets you mount a water bottle cage
|D. Effective Top Tube||60||63.8||67.1||60.1||63.9||67.3|
|E. Head Tube Angle||64.6°||64.6°||64.6°||64.2°||64.2°||64.2°|
|F. Head Tube Length||11||12.5||14||11||12.5||14|
|G. Seat Tube Angle||71.2°||71.2°||71.2°||70.8°||70.8°||70.8°|
|I. Bottom Bracket Height||34.6||34.6||34.6||34.1||34.1||34.1|
|J. Bottom Bracket Drop||2.7||2.7||2.7||3.3||3.3||3.3|
|O. Chainstay Length||44.7||44.7||44.7||44.8||44.8||44.8|
|Effective Seat Tube Angle||77.1°||77.1°||77.1°||76.7°||76.7°||76.7°|
Due to supply-chain issues, Specs are subject to change without notice.
|Frame||OCLV Mountain Carbon, Removable Integrated Battery, 150mm travel|
|Fork||RockShox ZEB Select+, 160mm travel|
|Rear Shock||RockShox Super Deluxe Ultimate RT3, Thru Shaft|
|Wheels||Bontrager Line Comp 30|
|Tires||Bontrager SE5 Team Issue, 29x2.50"|
|Rear Derailleur||SRAM GX Eagle AXS, 12 speed|
|Brakes||SRAM Code R 4-piston hydraulic disc|
|Seatpost||Bontrager Line Elite Dropper|
|Motor||Bosch Performance CX|
|Battery||Bosch PowerTube 750|
* Subject to change without notice.
|Carbon Red Smoke/Viper Red / Medium||601842702215||5265849||RAI36890129D|
|Carbon Red Smoke/Viper Red / Large||601842702208||5265850||RAI36352024D|
|Carbon Red Smoke/Viper Red / X-Large||601842702192||5265851||RAI37460612D|
|Dark Prismatic/Trek Black / Medium||601842702253||5265845||RAI36959331K|
|Dark Prismatic/Trek Black / Large||601842702246||5265846||RAI36821216K|
|Dark Prismatic/Trek Black / X-Large||601842702239||5265847||RAI37449642K|
|Trek Black/Marigold to Red Fade / Medium||601842702291||5265840||RAI40132571E|
|Trek Black/Marigold to Red Fade / X-Large||601842702277||5265843||RAI41926580E|